8tv takes its hottest summer music extravaganza to Malacca.

By SETO KIT YAN
skyseto@thestar.com.my

SUMMER LIVE Concert is back! 8tv’s hottest Chinese music extravaganza returns for the fourth year running with sizzling hot stars from the Asian music scene.

Last year, the scorching summer soiree saw a staggering turnout of 100,000 music lovers merrymaking at Padang Ipoh, Perak. Having been to Esplanade, Penang, then Danga Bay, Johor Baru, and Padang Ipoh, Perak, the free live party is set to blaze its way to Malacca this August.

Stanley Huang: ‘I’ve never been to Malaysia before but I heard from my friends that there are lots of lovely girls there.’

“Over the past three years, Summer Live Concert has always been a hit amongst our fans and viewers as well music lovers. It’s a free concert that celebrates musical individuality while providing a massive opportunity for every one to get together and just have a good time,” said 8tv Chief Executive Officer Ahmad Izham Omar at a press conference last week.

From Taiwan come popular Golden Melody award-winning artistes and the most exciting young stars in the Chinese pop music scene – Jolin Tsai, Show Luo, Stanley Huang, Rainie Yang, Jam Hsiao, with boybands Energy and Awaking.

“I’m really excited about the show because I rarely go to Malaysia. I’m looking forward to working with Stanley Huang,” said Taiwanese singer Show Luo in a teleconference during the launch of the event. The 18th Taiwanese Golden Melody Awards Most Popular Male Singer was among the international artistes who performed at the first Summer Live Concert in 2005.

“I’ve never been to Malaysia before but I heard from my friends that there are lots of lovely girls there. I hope to meet some of them on stage,” said Taiwanese American singer-songwriter Stanley Huang in a videoconference at the launch.

Catch Jolin Tsai at 8tv’s Summer Live Concert in Malacca this August.

The local artiste line-up includes the winners of three seasons of Project Superstar Malaysia – Season One’s John and Des, Season Two’s Henley and Orange, and Season Three’s Kay and Hau.

Returning as hosts for the concert are popular 8tv entertainment hosts Gary Yap, Dylan Liong, and Cheryl Lee; who will be joined by Natalie Ng for the first time at this year’s musical bash.

988 FM is once again the official radio station for the event, which is organised by 8tv with Better Events and Productions. The concert is supported by the Malacca Tourism Industry, with four-time main sponsor Magnum Corporation being joined by partner sponsors Silky Girl, Daia and Baskin Robbins.

The Summer Live Concert 2008 will be staged at MITC Outdoor Parking, Malacca on Aug 23 at 8.30pm. This year, the concert is themed sporty (sports and dance) with the catchy slogan is City in Rock! Go!

Details on the venue where free concert tickets can be obtained will be announced at a later date.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // June 28, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

    Ah, yes, I could think of going there.... If i were a little bit closer.... *giggles*

    Some day I'll go to Malaysia. Already planning it and it will be fantastic!

  2. eunice // June 30, 2008 at 12:13 AM  

    Hello!

    Sorry that I couldn't find your email address here, so I post my message here.

    My blog is nominated for the Best Photo Blog award. Please cast your vote at my blog. You don't need to be a Singaporean to vote, just key in any no. if require to fill in Identity no. Simple steps are written on my blog. Please vote for me! Thanks!

    TravelerFolio.com

    Any doubt, feel free to ask. Thanks alot!

    ~eunice~

  3. Anonymous // July 7, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

    Hi,
    Good post! I have added your blog to my blogroll, so it would be great if you can add Blissful Travel to your links.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin